Caring for our dogs and going "above and beyond" in the way we raise each litter requires a lot of time, love, money, and supplies. Listed below are supplies we often need and can always use more of. You can also send us items from our Amazon Wish List. If you have something sent to us from an online retailer, please remember contact us so we know who to thank! Please send us your name, address, and what item(s) you donated so we can properly acknowledge your contribution.
At this time we cannot accept drop-off donations. Our dogs are kept in our home and we are careful about the visitors our puppies are exposed to; only visitors with appointments are allowed. Please have all donations delivered to the following address:
Kaiju Kennels Japanese Akita and Hokkaido
2785 Pacific Coast Highway Suite E #114
Torrance, CA 90505
When making any purchase from Amazon, please log in to Amazon Smile and choose to support the Japanese Akita Club of America (JACA) as your charity. JACA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and by supporting JACA a percentage of your purchase will be used to help rescue organizations all over the country to aid Japanese Akita in need.
You can also give us money directly through PayPal, and we will put it towards whatever the dogs need most at that time. Generally this will be vet care, vaccines, and medications that cannot be donated or special one-time purchases, such as equipment for the whelping room or play yard.
Wish List Items
Items in bold are always in high demand. We can only accept new, unopened items with all tags and packaging intact. Sorry, no homemade dog treats or toys unless we know you personally. At this time, please do not send any items which have to be stored between litters (eg. toys, blankets, leashes, etc) as we've run out of storage space. Food and other consumable or one-use supplies are always welcome.
If you are planning to apply for our next litter, please do not send anything for the pups until after your application is either approved or denied. I wish to avoid any suggestion of favoritism and it makes me feel uncomfortable when someone acts like I can be "bought."
- Esbilac powdered puppy replacement milk
- Stella & Chewy's Freeze-Dried Raw Dinner Patties
- Canidae Grain Free PURE dry dog food
- Zukes or Wellness training treats
- Cadet Gourmet Bully Sticks (12")
- Checkups dental dog treats
- KONG Stuff'N Easy Treat puppy recipe
- Fleece fabric for blankets (2 yd each)
- Toys that are durable/washable
- Enrichment and puzzle toys
- Bulk pack of 5' or 6' kennel slip leads
- Variety pack of puppy ID bands
- Paper towels
- Cotton wash cloths
- Cotton hand and bath towels
- Poop bags
- Odor block kitchen trash bags (8 gal and 13 gal)
- Large potty training pads (28" x 30")
- Seventh Generation disinfecting wipes
- Seventh Generation chlorine free bleach
- Seventh Generation laundry detergent
- OdoBan disinfectant concentrate
- OdoBan solid odor absorbers
- OdoBan pet oxy stain remover
- Antibacterial soap or hand sanitizer
- Scrubber pads (no stainless steel)
- Gift cards to PetSmart, Petco, Amazon, Costco, Walmart, Home Depot, or Target