Kuraokami’s litter is due in a few weeks! We’re holding a guessing game again for anyone who wants to participate. You can make a prediction about the puppies – their date of birth, colors, and sexes. You may make as many guesses as you want. Each category is worth a certain number of points, and the player with the most points wins!
Kura’s expected due date based on ovulation and breeding is between April 26th and May 2nd. All three colors are possible – red, brindle, or white.
We will announce the winner(s) after the puppies are born. Please make sure you enter a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.
You may optionally make a $5 contribution after you’ve made your prediction. Make sure you include a note letting us know who you are so we can match it up with your entry. See below for details!
The entry (or entries) worth the most points wins. There are no negative points; if a category is way off it is worth no points.
- Date of Birth: 100 points (-50 points per day off)
- First Puppy’s Time of Birth: 250 points (-5 points per 2 minutes off)
- Last Puppy’s Time of Birth: 250 points (-5 points per 2 minutes off)
- Number of Each Color/Sex: 50 points (-25 points per puppy off)
- Number of Males: 150 points (-50 points per puppy off)
- Number of Females: 150 points (-50 points per puppy off)
- Total Number of Puppies: 300 points (-100 points per puppy off)
Contribute to Litter H and Win!
If you like, you may make a $5 contribution towards Litter H along with your prediction. (Limit one prediction per $5.) The player with the closest prediction who made a contribution will receive an Amazon gift card worth 50% of the total contributions. They may instead choose to have a donation made in their name to JACA Cares, a non-profit aid to Japanese Akita rescues, for the same amount. The rest of the contributions will go towards whelping supplies, puddle pads, blankets, toys, and other items for Kura’s puppies.